The BWBC is an all-volunteer advisory council to the City of Burlington. We work closely with and advise the Department of Public Works and the Department of Parks & Recreation on infrastructure improvements and policy changes for bicycling and walking. The council also leads advocacy efforts and organizes events and activities that promote and celebrate walking and biking in Burlington and beyond. Anyone interested in making Burlington a better and safer place for bicycling and walking is encouraged to attend our meetings generally held on the 4th Thursday of each month in City Hall Room 12.
Find us on Facebook as "The Burlington Walk/Bike Council"
To check out past meeting minutes, workplans and other documents please see our Documents page. For more on our background and history see our History page.
Next meeting is Thursday, April 25th at 5:30, City Hall, Room 12 .
AGENDA for April 25th
1. Introductions, brief BWBC overview, confirm minute-taking, review agenda
2. Letter to DPW: request for projects in FY2014 (list generated at the Annual Meeting)
3. Ciclovia/ Open Streets Event in Burlington?
4. Keeping Annual Meeting attendees engaged
5. Guest Speaker Brainstorm
6. Front Porch Forum Ad Series