The Burlington Walk/Bike Council is an all-volunteer advisory council to the City of Burlington. We work closely with and advise the Department of Public Works and the Department of Parks & Recreation on infrastructure improvements and policy changes for bicycling and walking. The council also leads advocacy efforts and organizes events and activities that promote and celebrate walking and biking in Burlington and beyond. Anyone interested in making Burlington a better and safer place for bicycling and walking is encouraged to attend our meetings generally held on the 4th Thursday of each month in City Hall Room 12.
Find us on Facebook as "The Burlington Walk/Bike Council"
To check out past meeting minutes, workplans and other documents please see our Documents page. For more on our background and history see our History page.
Next meeting is Thursday, November 21st, 5:30-7pm .
November 21st Agenda
1. VT Bicycle &Pedestrian Coalition Presentation with Executive Director Nancy Schulz
2. Silver Level Walk Friendly Community Awarded!
3. Go for Gold – a campaign to bring Burlington to Gold Level Bike & Walk Friendly Status
4. Follow up: Advocacy letters
5. Bike Parking Developments
6. Burlington Wayfinding Plan Implementation
Next meeting: Thursday, January 23rd, 5:30 - 7pm, Room 12, City Hall
There will be no meeting in December.